Monday 8 August 2016

CLINIQUE | Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Review



Hello Everyone!

Welcome back, today I'm going to be chatting about skincare. Over the last half a year or so, I've mentioned in a few of my most recent blog posts that I have stepped back from buying make-up and have concentrated on haircare and skincare. From my teenage years i have always been the kinda gal to cleanse, tone and moisturise but have always stuck to the same products thinking they suited my skin well. It was only recently i noticed my skin looking a little dull and not as hydrated as it used to be, with this in mind and whilst i was 
scrolling through the copious amounts of cleansers on Feel unique. I came across the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm. I've never really been won over by a balm, but had been won over by Clinique in the past, so i popped it in my basket and was excited to test it out!

When I first opened the pot I was happily pleased with how much product was inside, it's not a small balm and the product goes a long way. Just like most balms, once you have scooped a little out and start to work it into fingertips and then skin it turns into an oil based cleanser which glides across the face with ease. There's no residue from the product and it leaves your skin feeling dry, nourished and smooth - some can leave your skin feeling tight and squeaky, but this doesn't! The product is completely un-fragranced which is a huge bonus as heavily fragranced products can irritate sensitive skin. It melts away waterproof mascara and gives my skin a good deep cleanse before i proceed to tone.

The 125ml tub of Take The Day Off retails at £22.00 and suits all skin types, this may seem a little pricey to some but as i mentioned above a little goes a long way! I've really enjoyed using this product and feel it has helped with the redness and appearance of my skin, i have had no breakout's since using it and i just find it a lovely gentle cleanser. I will 100% be buying this one again! 

Have you ever used this balm? What are your top cleanser's!?








Psssstt.. You can also follow me on -  Bloglovin, InstagramTwitterFacebook & Pinterest
Share:

8 comments

  1. I have used it and it doestrogen the job but I always felt a bit greasy after use. So I used the gel cleanser by Clinique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, never heard of that! Will have to check it out, love the clinique products though! xo

      Delete
  2. Sounds great! Not sure if my skin would enjoy this though, I prefer gel cleansers to anything else.
    Jen / Velvet Spring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab! You should give it a go, it states it's good for all skin types! xo

      Delete
  3. I've used an Elemis cleansing balm in the past so I'm sure I'd love this too! If it lasts a good while then it sounds like it's worth the price too :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say it's 100% worth the price, it seems to have lasted me ages! I've only just run out from doing this post in Aug! I haven't tried that balm, but love Elemis will have to give it a go! xo

      Delete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig