Thursday 28 July 2016

KAT VON D | Shade & Light Palette Review

Hey Guys!

If you didn't already know I went to Mexico last month and to my absolute delight.. and some serious google searching I found that the nearest town Playa Del Carmen had a haaauge Sephora! I was so determined to find it, it took two trips to Playa Del Carmen in 35 degree (If that isn't dedication then I'm not sure what is!). Whilst I was there I treated myself to something that I have wanted for quite some time. The reason I had never splurged out on this product is that it's currently exclusive to the USA and Sephora.. However, a week or so ago Kat Von D FINALLY announced she was bringing her range to Debenhams across the UK which is so exciting!  

A few of my favourite Youtubers including Nikkie Tutorials and Jeffree Star (awkward, maybe he won't be using Kat's products anymore after the drama?!) always rock this shade & light palette when contouring and highlighting. I've never been able to find a palette which is suitable for my pale complexion, when I saw this had 6 different shades suitable for all skin tones I was incredibly excited to try it out and share my views with you lovely lot. I know some of the shades in the palette will be too dark for my skin - but Glam Life Gu
ru Tati suggests in this YouTube video to wear them as a lid colour if they are no go for contouring instead.


First of all the packaging in true Kat Von D is truly gothic and beautifully designed. It has
solid black matte encasement with large pans and a huge mirror. The palette contains three large shades of contour paired with three smaller highlighters, they are all 100% matte with no sparkle or shimmer, making them the perfect sculpting powders.


Each pan is super pigmented as you can see from my swatch below, being so pigmented I would be careful when using and in fact would advise to start with a little and build up the product, which is incredibly easy to do. The texture of the powders is incredibly smooth and blend able but it does also have a little powderiness - this however has never been an issue when using, I simply tap off my brush before application! I find it very easy to work with and if I do go a little heavy on the contour I can blend it out very easily with my beauty blender.



An added bonus to this is Kat's unique and beautiful drawings which show you exactly how 
to define cheekbones, slim down the face and shape the nose in a step by step guide on how to use. And if your still confused make your way onto YouTube and search through the hundreds of amazing reviews and tutorials on how to use. My favourite combination is actually sombre and lucid, so the two palest colours out of the pan. This palette is so versatile that fair to dark skin tones can use and as I mentioned above, if it's to dark pop it on your lid and create a dramatic eye with it!

Overall I loved this palette and I'm looking forward to welcoming more Kat Von D products to my make-up collection.

Have you ever tried any of Kat Von D's products? Which is your favourite?!
Psssstt.. You can also follow me on -  Bloglovin, InstagramTwitterFacebook & Pinterest
Share:

10 comments

  1. Ahhhh this looks so good! Can't wait for the Debenhams launch!

    Jen / Velvet Spring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I love it! I think it hits the UK in around October-ish time!

      Jess xo

      Delete
  2. I literally can't wait for this to come to Debenhams! Love that it's all matte and the shades look gorgeous!!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so handy that it's matte! Nothing worse then having chunks of glitter on your face!

      Jess xo

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for KVD to come to the UK! xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo me too! Really want to try the concealers!

      Jess xo

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing, so excited for the range to come to Debenhams!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, i was a little disapointed that it's only in select fewstores! xo

      Delete
  5. i can not wait to finally get my hands on a few kat von d products while i'm on holiday. they all look amazing.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig