Monday 14 March 2016

MY FAVOURITE | Highlighters

Hello Lovelies!

So, if you haven't been hiding under a rock you will know all about one of the biggest fads from last year which made beauty bloggers go a tad crazy.. Highlighting! I never thought i would catch on with this one, but then i came across Jeffree Stars Youtube channel and thought YAAAAS make ME shine bright like a diamond! I'm so crazy obsessed i can't even go to work without a little cupids bow and cheek bone highlight. As this is quite new for me all the below products are drug store - i do eventually want to branch out to some high end products (ahem.. hourglass) but right now these are working for me and they didn't bankrupt me.


Carli Bybel Palette | $12.50

This stunning palette from the equally as stunning Carli Bybel was an online American purchase through BH Cosmetics, probably the easiest thing I've ever purhcased from abroad. It was $12.50 on a special offer, shipping was $7.55 and i didn't get charged anything else. First of all, as you can see the palest shade is my FAVE (I've already hit pan!) I would say this is my go to everyday highlight as it suits my fair complexion so well. I really enjoy the darker shades, but have to be very light handed when applying as they are so pigmented. The texture of these highlighters are insane.. for the price you get so many and they are super pigmented and easy to blend! This product is by far my favourite highlighter I've ever used.. Well done Carli!




Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette | £9.99


A really affordable brand which always produces fantastic products is sleek, i really love sleek blushes so was excited when they bought out this highlighting palette. Initially i may have potentially bought this because of its gorgeous gold packaging. But once i swatched inside i knew i had to have it. Included within this palette is four shades including two baked highlighters, a shimmer powder and also a cream based highlighter. This is the only cream highlighter i have and i have been enjoying using it across my cheek bone and my brow bone, the constitancy is really nice too. I really love the peachy / purple tones in this product and feel they really compliment my fair skin!




Sleek Face Contour Kit | £6.49

Next up another sleek product, yup... told you i loved their products! This was my first highlighter and i love the texture of this, it's buildable, blendable and isn't super sparkly so leaves a really nice natural glow. I must admit, the more Jefree i watch the more disco ball i want to be.. so this product has been shoved to the back recently. I think it's a fantastic, affordable brand if your looking at dipping your toe into the highlighting world! It does come with a contour as well, but again as I'm as pale as snow this looks ridiculous on my face.



Makeup Revolution Highlighter in Peach Lights | £3

Probably the most affordable out of all the above and one i had seen a few bloggers rave about. This peachy highlight has a gorgeous tone making it suitable for all skin tones. I find i reach for this more on a night out then day to day as it's quite a glitzy one. The only down side is due to the design of the product i found it quite hard to get any product out, but once wiped and worn down a little it's beautiful, this paired with my Nars blush in Deep Throat is to DIE for and the perfect combination.




KIKO Watershadow in 208 | £8.90

YAAAAS, still 4 months later i am still head over hills for this product. As i explained in my February Favourites (which you can read here if you haven't) this was hard to get and i ended up purchasing it in Paris. Its a dupe for MAC Whisper of Guilt.. so if you can get hold of it, it's a gooden to try before spending a crap load of money on a MAC product. I love to put this on my brow bone, cheekbones, and cupids bow. It is the most pigmented, creamy and blendable product i have ever used and i highly recommend it!



They have been my current top highlighters, which are yours?!

You can follow me on - Bloglovin, InstagramTwitterFacebook & Pinterest
Share:

14 comments

  1. Those are really pretty. I haven't really done much highlighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, it really makes a difference! xx

      Delete
  2. I have become obsessed with highlighting at the moment, the glow it gives it unreal! I love the look of the Sleek palette, might have to get my hands on it.

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap & Snap! Love a good highlight, seriously.. i think it makes you look way more awake haha! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty obsessed with highlighting, my favourite being MAC Soft & Gentle - but the Sleek palette looks absolutely gorgeous!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep, had my eye on that for a while! I think my next highlighter will be a highend jobby! xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh I love the look of the Sleek Solstice kit! Cream highlighters are so pretty x

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes deffo, i might have to invest in a few more! xx

      Delete
  5. These highlights give me all the feeelllssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my eye on that Sleek highlighter palette for months now, and I went in today hoping to finally buy one and they had none in stock! Absolutely gutted! It's such a gorgeous gorgeous palette! Makeup Revolution have come out with a few highlighting palettes as well, for the price they look stunning!

    Sheena Sreekeessoon
    http://afashionstudentsdiary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the makeup revolution highlighters so much - they are just so good for the price! I love the colours in the sleek highlighting palette too, so dreamy!!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a fan of the Carlisle Bybel palette and the KIKO 208 eyeshadow :) I definitely recommend the ABH Glow Kits and Becca pressed shimmering skin perfectors when you check out some high end options as they are definitely my favourites!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best spell caster of the year revealed by google. save your crumbling marriage now.
    Am Jerry miler, I live in London, and I’m happily married with a lovely wife and three children. I had a very big problem with my wife few months ago, to the extent that she left the house with our kids to her parents' for almost 5 months. All efforts to bring them back proved abortive. Friends and Family were all in concern and my very close mate gave me an advice concerning a spell caster, and he quote; “There’s someone who can handle your situation, he’s always ready and able to do anything related to spiritual matters, I searched for a spell caster on the internet, his advert was everywhere, i found his number and called him on his mobile number +2347052958531. Although I never believed in spell casting, but he convinced me and I had no choice than to follow his advice, because I never dream of losing my lovely wife and I was desperate. So I did all what he told me to do and i did. He told me that I’ll get my wife back in two days after the spell is completed. I was skeptical. He casted the spell for me and i was so anxious waiting to see or hear from her, until the second day when my wife called and said she was coming HOME…..It was like a joke to me!!! That’s how I got my family back through spiritual means and our relationship is now stronger than ever. One of the price I was asked to pay was to tell it to people around me that problems like this, can always be solved by Dr Ewan. And this is his email too if you wish to contact him and solve your problem too covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com , my advice to you out there is to visit this great Dr Ewan and tell him your problems. He's capable of handling anything spiritual and spell casting. Thanks a lot for saving my marriage...,,...

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig