Sunday 8 November 2015

October Favourites

Wahhhh I'm so sad to say goodbye to October! It's my absolute favourite month, i love the orange and red leaves, wrapping up warm, watching scary movies, carving pumpkins and dressing up. But another month ends and below is my October favourites!



Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette | £10.00 

Ok.. so not only is this the most gorgeous gold palette ever (despite when you touch it it leaves horrific finger marks)The highlighting shades which are concealed within are perfect! I already have the face contour kit from Sleek and love the highlighting shade in that, so when i saw they had released this i was so excited to try it! It comes with 3 baked highlighters - Hemisphere, Subsolar, Equinox and then the top left hand shade is Ecliptic which is cream based highlighter. For the price of a mere £10 this has a very high end feel and the shades are all super pigmented, my favourite has been the highlighter with the pink shade - i love to pop this on my cheekbones and compliment it with a nice warm rose shade blusher!



Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium | £84.00 for 90ml 

I was actually lucky enough to be given this as a gift from my mum when she visited New York in September, i know a few friends that wear this and smells lovely on them so I was a little apprehensive to how this would sit on my skin.. this has very quickly become a favourite of mine. I vowed i would only wear this on special occasions but this has proved way to hard for me and i wear this most days! My favourite part of this product is how long lasting it is, i can spray it on a jumper or scarf and it seems to stay put for a few days! The fragrance notes in this product are.. black coffee for the top notes, white florals for the heart and vanilla for the base - they work really well together giving a sweet but slightly musky smell. 




Herbel Essences Bee Strong Shampoo and Conditioner | £1.75 per 400ml 

I have a full head of bleach highlights applied every 3 - 4 months, so if a products claiming it's going to make your hair stronger.. I'm all for it! I'm also a serial hair washer and can't go a day without washing it #sorrynotsorry. I know, you shouldn't do this but i do..  I've found both the shampoo and conditioner to be incredibly light weight, whilst also nourishing, smoothing and making my hair stronger. The massive bottle has lasted me for over 3 weeks.. which again for a every day hair washer is amazing! The main ingredients are Apricot and Honey which give of a really lovely scent.



Rimmel London Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob | £3.99 

I first saw this lip liner on Lucy & Lydia's youtube channel. One of the twins was wearing it and they also featured this in one of their favourite videos claiming they had been through about 3 of them and loved the colour. I was intrigued as it looked like a really lovely blush pink - I looked in about 3 different boots and 2 different Superdrug's before i was able to get the colour i wanted. 'Eastend Snob' is quite literally my perfect pink shade and i actually use this velvety product not only to line my lips but all over too. It has really great staying powering and is a lovely little product for £3.99!

NYX Creme Gloss in Creme Brulee | £5.00 

As you can tell, there's a little bit of a theme going on here.. lips! I've never really been into applying much on my lips.. but have had fun with different colours and products this month. This fabulous lip product is this NYX creme gloss in 'Creme Brulee'. I picked this up in Selfridges from their pop up stand - If you haven't heard of NYX 1. Where have you been hiding? and 2. They are a super affordable brand which has come over from the USA. You can now get them from a few different retailers including Boots & Very.co.uk. I have been wearing this with the Rimmel Lip Liner all month and feel they really compliment each other and also my skin tone!




MUA Undress Me Too Palette | £4.00 

Another super affordable brand on the market at the moment and one I've been loving this month is MUA. They are probably best known for being dupes for the famous Naked palettes by Urban Decay. This palette in particular i feel is really great for autumn / winter.. i really love the mixtures of goldy shimmery tones but also love they have a few matte colours in their too. This is a great palette to take on holiday as the colours are really nice and varied. I find these are lovely and pigmented and really great quality for the price!



I hope you enjoyed my monthly favourites!

Have you tried any of these products? And if so, which was your favourite?

You can follow me on - Bloglovin, InstagramTwitter & Pinterest
Share:

7 comments

  1. Although the packaging for Sleek is, yes, Sleek, I always somehow find that even the black and gold packaging just gets so dirty! But obviously that doesn't stop me from loving them even less. Honestly that has to be one of the most stunning highlight swatches for a drugstore brand, I don't care that I don't need anymore highlighters, I am getting that one! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the swatches where probably the easiest ones i've ever taken despite the horrible weather! They are so gorge! xx

      Delete
  2. i am loving the palette by Sleek ! No wonder why you like it . :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it's so nice! Realyl love it so much. xx

      Delete
  3. YSL Black Opium is my favourite perfume at the moment - it smells so gorgeous.
    x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the look of those highlighters. So gorgeous. And I love that it comes with a full size mirror.

    nevermindnm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig