Saturday 24 June 2017

CHARLOTTE TILBURY | Magic Foundation Review


Hey Everyone! 

Welcome back, sorry again for the lack in posts - it has been a busy time and my blog got put on the back burner. I really want to start it up again so thought i would start with a new beauty product i have recently tried out. 

The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation (or in my case.. the not so magic foundation) has some big claims, which include being full coverage, an easy to apply and evenly dispensed product, to be lightweight and to cover all imperfections. The videos, youtube reviews and extensive colour range really pulled me but i was left incredibly disappointed and with an expensive foundation that just didn't work out for me. Even though the cons out-weighed the pros i still wanted to share them with you. 

Pros
1. The colour range Charlotte Tilbury has managed to produce is simply impressive, not only do they have fair, medium and dark this is then further broken down into tones. Meaning you can find the perfect match in each section. The way they have done this reminds me of the Estee Lauder double wear, they have a huge selection which incorporates different tones from neutral to cool. 
2. As it states it is a very easily blended foundation and i found it worked well with a beauty blender. 
3. It has SPF 15 within the product which is perfect for keeping your skin safe from harmful rays all year round and to help protect your youthful skin. 
4. The packaging feels expensive with a glass component and rose gold lid.  

Cons
1. It claims to be full coverage, and on first application it is. However, after 1-2 hours the product starts to slide around in oily areas but cling and sticks to dry patches, making it an un-wearable product. 
2.  It covers imperfections for about an hour, but soon after the high pigmentation seems to fade away. I could see my freckles and red patches peeking through half way through the day, which is not ideal for someone who works in a hot sweaty office in summer. It literally had no hope and no staying power. 
3. It settles into fine lines, which is bizarre for a product that claims to be filled with Hyaluronic Filling Spheres, which are supposed to plump wrinkles within an hour to make the skin smoother and firmer. I did use the foundation up and didn't find this to be true. 
4. I found that i needed to use a huge amount of product to get the finish that i wanted, which meant i went through this product 10 times quicker then any of my other foundations. 
5. The smell is awful, it smells of chemicals which again seems odd for something that claims to have these wonderful ingredients. 

The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation retails at £30.00 for a 30ml bottle. 

Overall, you can see that my cons on this occasion weigh out the pros. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who suffers from dry skin or acne.  It will get stuck to dry patches and the pigmentation will diminish throughout the day. I've been reading a few opinions from different reviewers and a lot of people have had he same trouble as me. 

For a product that was 5 years in the making and is expensive i do feel a little gutted this didn't work for me. This however, hasn't put me off the Charlotte Tilbury brand and i would love to try the light wonder foundation and the eyeshadow quads

Have you tried this product? How did you find it? 



You can also follow me on -  Bloglovin, InstagramTwitterFacebook & Pinterest
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig