Sunday 26 July 2015

LUSH | Granny Takes A Dip Bath Bomb






Hey Everyone! 

I haven't done a Lush post since March and if you know me when it comes to Lush i seem to have a massive problem, as it was my birthday in June i managed to top up my Lush basket from generous gifts from all my lovely friends and family. Amongst the bubble bars and bath bombs there was this very generously sized product! 

Granny Takes a Dip is a HUGE bath bomb, making it a very very slow dissolving product which left me hanging around next to the bath for a while waiting for it to melt away, however once i had popped it in the bath it burst into florescent pinks, blues and greens which was mesmerising to watch and made up for the long wait! 


The product pushed itself around the bath tub leaving trails of different colours as it went. The only scent that really jumped out to me was the Lemon, i was a little disappointed with the smell of this product as normally Lush products have a really strong smell which you can smell on your skin hours after... this one however didn't! The outer ring of the bath bombs actually contains little parts of bubble bars which causes the above bubbles. The bath bomb left my skin feeling soft, but not the softest a Lush bath bomb has left me, the bath bomb itself was actually inspired by a 1960's clothing boutique called Granny Takes A Trip- hence it's florescent colours! If i was to try this bath bomb again i would probably add a separate bath bomb like the butterball just to intensify the scent and also to add some extra softness to my skin! Granny Takes A Dip retails at £3.50. 

Have you ever tried this product? What's your fave Lush item? 


You can also follow me on -  Bloglovin, InstagramTwitterFacebook & Pinterest

Share:

20 comments

  1. I love this bath bomb! However I was disappointed with the scent also, I cannot stand lemon! And that's literally all I could smell :( xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame about the smell, normal Lush bath bombs smell amazing! It looks so pretty in the water though :) x

    dreaminpink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, imagine my disapointment when i smelt this!! I love bath bombs from lush so much xo

      Delete
  3. Interesting post about the smell and not being so soft on the skin! I always wondered what this is like so thanks for the review ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame about the smell but it looks so pretty! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/ // https://www.bloglovin.com/people/theperksofmeg-4125009

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a shame about the smell but atleast it was pretty! haha xo

      Delete
  5. I've always wondered what this looked like in water but the smell had always put me off trying it! It does look gorgeous though xx
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i probably wouldn't repurchase this but i'm glad i have tried it! xo

      Delete
  6. This bath bomb looks stunning but it's a shame the smell wasn't as good as expected! x

    http://increddyble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a shame, love the bomb though! xo

      Delete
  7. I think I may have heard that they discontinued this (maybe not) but I never got to try it - it's a shame because the colours are extraordinary :)

    Alice - the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, that's interesting.. maybe it wasn't just me who didn't like the smell of this product! xo

      Delete
  8. The colours are so pretty, shame about the smell! I haven't bought a bath bomb in ages, will definitely need to pick one up soon. Would be great if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've checked out your blog, it's great! thanks for the lovely comment. xo

      Delete
  9. Wow what a beautiful explosion! haha You pictured it beautifully xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it looks so amazing with all those colours.
    www.blushinginlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really does, one of the main things i was impressed with was the brightness of the colours! xo

      Delete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig