Sunday 22 May 2016

FAKE TAN DIARIES | St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

I've had a very pale 25 years, I've heard all the pale jokes and i have also had my fair share of tango and fake tan fail moments! Now older and some what wiser i wanted to start again and find a good staple fake tan i love. Now please don't get me wrong, I love my pale skin and I love ladies who have pale skin! However, after having some abuse directed my way on numerous holidays i wanted to give the tanning life ago. Over these next couple of months I'm going to be testing and reviewing a few different fake tanning products, i hope you enjoy this mini series and if your as pale as me i hope it guides you into making a great fake tan decision! 



I went in strong and decided to start with the much loved St.Tropez Self Tanning Mousse. I've never tried any St.Tropez products but have always heard positive reviews, as this was a starter pack with everything i needed i thought it was the perfect way to cross over to the dark side.. (or slightly less pale side in my case!) 


Within this St. Tropez Self Tan Starter Kit you will receive; 


75ml Tan Enhancing Body Polish 

The most important part to fake tanning is to scrub and exfoliate your skin! On this starter pack the directions state to start skin prep 24 hours in advance of fake tanning. You want all the dead skin away and a clean smooth moisturised surface as tan can stick to old dead skin. I actually really liked this scrub, it has the perfect amount of grit, it's not to harsh and leaves your skin feeling smooth and moisturised rather then dry and/or oily. Now even though you can use any type of scrub, i probably would buy this one again - i did find it prepped my skin and left no streaks which has happened to me in the past with other tanners. 

75ml Tan Enhancing Body Moisturiser 

This product was really nothing special, it had a lovely smell and it left me hydrated however i found it a little watery and prefer my Body Shop Shea Butter. This moisturiser is designed to help prolong your tan for up to three days longer and also reduce tan build up. However again, i didn't notice any difference from just using normal moisturisers which i have done in the past - so i probably wouldn't buy into this product again. Sorry St.Tropez!

50ml Bronzing Mousse and Tanning Mitte 

I have heard so many great things about St.Tropez so was excited to try! I was also a little nervous as I'm so pale and it's quite a massive step for me from gradual tanners. I decided because i didn't want to walk around looking ridiculous (in case it did look like I'd rolled in a bag of doritos!) that i would test it on my legs only. I found this product hard to use if I'm being honest, i pumped a few pumps onto the mitt provided and started to move in circular movements from the tops of my legs to the bottoms. It left darker marks in a few places and it just didn't seem to blend that well in certain areas. I did however, find the bottoms of my legs easier to blend and also my feet - it just seemed to stick around my thigh and butt area. The tan itself starts with a nice smell but then after a few hours of development the horrendous biscuit smell does come into play. One massive positive is that it dries quickly meaning i could put my pyjamas on soon after applying. The colour which developed was really gorgeous, not streaky at all and stayed for 4-5 days before gradually wearing off.  Below are my before and after pictures, both un-edited and i attempted to take in the same daylight.. 


If your not sure whether your going to like the St.Tropez products i would 100% recommend this set, i purchased this from feelunique.com for £15.00. I would give this product a strong 8.5/10, the only problem i really had was application (which lets be honest, could of just been me having a bad day!) and the horrid biscuit scent the colour is lovely and the wear was pretty great. I did really like the quality of this product which has prompted me to want to try and few more of their products including the express tan and the in shower gradual tanner

Keep your eyes peeled, my next fake tanning instalment will be a Bondi Sands product!

Have you ever tried any of the St. Tropez products? Which is your favourite?


You can follow me on - Bloglovin, InstagramTwitterFacebook & Pinterest
Share:

11 comments

  1. I haven't actually tried St Tropez self tan however I have heard great things and this looks lovely on you!

    Laura xo

    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, yeah i'm really happy with the colour it came out! xx

      Delete
  2. Horrible fake tanner scent is never okay! I've tried their express tan and I really liked it!

    JennyLovesBeauty


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i really didn't appreciate the smell.. Even when i showered i could smell it through my leggings. Was rank, i was looking at that in TKMAXX yesterday.. that's next on my list to try! xx

      Delete
  3. Great honest review! I use the St Tropez in shower self tanner and really like it! Its very gradual but leaves no streaks at all xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i have a little sample of that shower self tanner which i'm looking forward to trying! xx

      Delete
  4. I;ve done St.Tropez but being a weekly tanner it was just too expensive, love the formula though. I'm so jealous how you;ve managed to tan your knees to well! Haven't mastered that quite yet, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha amazing! Yeah, i think i will 100% be a weekly tanner now. Trust me, it's never gone so well before.. Even with the next product i tried the bondi sands it did my knees really well! xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Jessica, Wow that tan is amazing - it looks really natural :) H xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best spell caster of the year revealed by google. save your crumbling marriage now.
    Am Jerry miler, I live in London, and I’m happily married with a lovely wife and three children. I had a very big problem with my wife few months ago, to the extent that she left the house with our kids to her parents' for almost 5 months. All efforts to bring them back proved abortive. Friends and Family were all in concern and my very close mate gave me an advice concerning a spell caster, and he quote; “There’s someone who can handle your situation, he’s always ready and able to do anything related to spiritual matters, I searched for a spell caster on the internet, his advert was everywhere, i found his number and called him on his mobile number +2347052958531. Although I never believed in spell casting, but he convinced me and I had no choice than to follow his advice, because I never dream of losing my lovely wife and I was desperate. So I did all what he told me to do and i did. He told me that I’ll get my wife back in two days after the spell is completed. I was skeptical. He casted the spell for me and i was so anxious waiting to see or hear from her, until the second day when my wife called and said she was coming HOME…..It was like a joke to me!!! That’s how I got my family back through spiritual means and our relationship is now stronger than ever. One of the price I was asked to pay was to tell it to people around me that problems like this, can always be solved by Dr Ewan. And this is his email too if you wish to contact him and solve your problem too covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com , my advice to you out there is to visit this great Dr Ewan and tell him your problems. He's capable of handling anything spiritual and spell casting. Thanks a lot for saving my marriage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love St. Tropez but St. Moritz is a fab budget alternative!

    Tia | www.the10amblog.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Ann | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig